Safe Food Matters Inc. is a Canadian non-profit organization dedicated to promoting health and protecting the environment through educating and fostering public understanding and engagement on the safety of food production technologies.
We do this in two ways:
- By collecting, communicating and disseminating information on food production technologies. Currently we are reviewing and writing on:
– desiccation against the backdrop of the renewed registration of glyphosate in Canada
– synthetic biology
– genetic modification of the potato, salmon and apple
- By providing public events:
– 2020, Guelph Organic Conference, speaking on glyphosate and our case against Health Canada.
– 2019, participated in the March Against Bayer in downtown Toronto.
– 2018, participated in the “Gen-Earth” Earth Day festival at Nathan Phillips Square.
– 2017, co-presented the Toronto Non-GMO Coalition’s “Celebrate Farm to Fork Organic/GMO-Free Festival and Farmer’s Market” with the David Suzuki Foundation.
– 2016, co-presented the “Farm to Fork on Common Ground” festival at Toronto’s Historic Fort York during Canada’s national Organic Week.